- The CSIR Commercialisation Framework provides an overview of our preferences with regards to technology transfer.
- You can find it on this website – see the “Technologies available for licensing” menu item (or click here).
- You can also read the CSIR’s magazine on new technologies and developments, called ScienceScope.
- Documents detailing technologies available for licensing also list the relevant contact person.
- You can also contact the R&D Outcomes manager for the unit / centre that developed the technology that you are interested in. See the “Meet the team” page.
- If you want to know more about the R&D focus areas / activities of specific CSIR units or centres, you can read more on the CSIR’s main website.
- For general enquiries, please contact the CSIR Licensing & Ventures office.
CSIR is always interested in talking to experienced entrepreneurs. There are two main options:
- CSIR Entrepreneur Pool – You are looking for a technology that you can license to commercialise – please have a look at our entrepreneur selection criteria, and then contact us as described above.
- CSIR Entrepreneur-in-Residence Programme – You are an experienced serial entrepreneur that would like to mentor CSIR entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs and advise on technology commercialisation – click here to read more.